- Moonlight my ass!
- The HUMBLER
- Who’s the top-selling pianist in history?
- Fly Away :(
- The Mozarts of Hair Metal
- How To Compose Today
- What time is it?
- Twins separated at birth
- To hear the world in a single note and heaven in a triad
- RIP Elliott Carter, Maestro of Thorny Complexity
- Monster Mashup
- May the best man wi… Oh, damn!
- Music for driving into trees: Sweet Wine
- Music for driving into trees
- My Favorite Things
- Mammas Please Let Your Babies Grow Up to Play Cowbells
- Claret for Clara
- Last of the Bohemians
- Guy walks into a bar
- How to break a heart with one chord
- What are oboes good for?
August 06, 2013
Remember those old analogy quizzes? Here’s one for you:
Guitar is to Jimi Hendrix
Synthesizer is to: ???
Granted, there’s no single right response here. But mine would be: the great George Duke, who passed away last night.
Sadly, Seaside’s soaring, stomach-rumbling, scream-inducing JetStar rollercoaster got swept to sea by Sandy. But if you’re jonesin’ for that thrill ride, just click and give a listen to Jimi’s “House Burning Down” or “Message of Love” (live Band of Gypsies version).
Who needs a rollercoaster?
Would love to know who you’d pick for that analogy quiz.